AMP for Brokers
Qualifications for Brokers to become an Accredited Mortgage Professional
(Mortgage Originators including Associates, Agents, Salespersons and Submortgage Brokers)
- Membership: be employed by a Mortgage Professionals Canada member company - Not yet a member?
- Licensing/Registration*: be licensed or registered as a mortgage broker, agent, submortgage broker, associate or salesperson in province(s) of operation AND carry Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance coverage.
- Mortgage Originator Applicants - must have completed a minimum of 24 funded deals per year for each of the past two years.
- Management and Compliance Applicants - must have overseen a minimum of 100 deals per year for each of the past two years. This category includes those responsible for deal oversight including team leads, hub-underwriters and other review roles.
- Mortgage Originator Applicants - must have completed a minimum of 15 funded commercial deals with a minimum total value of $10 million for each of the past two years.
- Reference Letters: provide two letters of recommendation; one from an employer, one from a lender; at least one letter must be from a current AMP; at least one must confirm experience requirement.
- National Competency Exam: successfully complete an in-person National Competency Exam, administered by the University of British Columbia, Sauder School of Business; achieving a minimum grade of 70%.
* If an education component is not a requirement for licensing/registration in a province, the AMP applicant must show proof of completion of a proficiency course equivalent to entry-level licensing education in another province. The term ‘broker’ is used as a general term representing licensed originators in the brokerage channel; titles by province may vary.
For questions, please contact amp@MortgageProsCan.ca