Courses and Exams
Where there is no licensing or education requirement, broker applicants must have completed an approved mortgage industry proficiency course.
Must show proof of completion of a proficiency course equivalent to entry-level mortgage education.
AMP Optional Courses - Broker and Non-Broker streams
The following courses, while not required, are strongly recommended prior to writing the National Competency Exam.
Technical Industry Knowledge
- Residential Mortgage Underwriting from a Lender’s Perspective - Both streams
- Understanding Specialized Mortgages - Both streams
- Understanding Real Estate Transactions - Both streams
Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Mortgage Practice Standards - Broker stream only
- Ethical Practice in the Mortgage and Lending Industry - Non-Broker stream only\
Real Estate and Mortgage Economics and Investments
- Real Estate and Mortgage Economics and Investments - Both streams
Regulation and Legislation
- The Regulatory and Compliance Environment - Both streams
Strategy and Business Management
- Strategy and Business Management - Broker stream only
- Human Resources Management - Broker stream only
- Business Management - Non-Broker stream only