Please make sure to read the Course and Cancellation Policies documents for each course below before registering:
This course covers all the key topics, skills and knowledge necessary for you to successfully enter the industry as a mortgage associate. See below for the course syllabus:
PART 1: THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY IN PERSPECTIVE
PART 2: MORTGAGE MATHEMATICS
- Module 1 - Overview of the Industry
- Module 2 - Regulatory Framework
- Module 3 - Legal Overview
PART 3: THE MORTGAGE PROCESS FROM A-Z
- Module 4 - Mortgage Mathematics
PART 4: PROTECTING CONSUMERS & INCREASING INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALISM
- Module 5 - Understanding The Mortgage Process
- Module 6 - Completing The Mortgage Application
- Module 7 - Qualifying The Borrower
- Module 8 - Mortgage Products, Related Products, And Submitting The Application
- Module 9 - Valuing The Property And The Decision To Lend
- Module 10 - The Closing Process
- Module 11 - Protecting Consumers & Increasing Industry Professionalism
This course covers all the key topics, skills and knowledge necessary for you to successfully enter the industry as a mortgage broker. See below for the course syllabus:
MODULE 1: SETTING UP YOUR BROKERAGE
MODULE 2: STAFFING AND SUPERVISING YOUR BROKERAGE
- The Regulatory Environment
- The Role of the Principal Broker
- Brokerage Models
- Dealing with the Regulator
MODULE 3: OPERATING YOUR BROKERAGE
- Recruiting and Hiring Suitable Employees
- Identifying Key Competencies
- Supervising, Managing and Coaching
- Ethical Practice in the Mortgage Industry
MODULE 4: DEALING WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS
- Creating a Culture of Compliance
- Creating and Implementing Policies and Procedures
- Managing and Ensuring Compliance
- Record Keeping and Reporting Requirements
- Trust Fund Obligations and Private Investors
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Information Security
MODULE 5: PROTECTING YOUR CUSTOMERS
- The Duty of Care
- Identifying Parties to Transactions
- Ensuring Suitability
- Complaint Handling
- Advertising Standards
- Fraud Prevention
- Prohibited Activities
Got a question? Try browsing our FAQ below for help. If your question is still not answered, please call us at 416-385-2333 x2610 for further assistance!
- What is the passing grade?
- What happens if I fail?
Rewrites are free for scheduled exams at our MPC facilities. However, a fee of $75 would apply if booking an individual exam outside the GTA. You must re-write the exam within 6 months of receiving pass/fail email notification. If you fail a second time, you will need to re-enroll in the course.
- How do I book an exam and where can I write it?
Online learners need to complete their course before an exam date can be booked. When ready, please email the Exams Department to request an individual sitting at email@example.com.
- Does the exam cost money?
Outside of GTA exams booked at third party test centres cost $75+applicable taxes.
- How can I request a rewrite and how many rewrites do I get?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a re-write within 6 months of receiving your grade. Only 1 rewrite is permitted. If you fail the rewrite, re-enrollment would be required to continue with your studies.
- How do I request an exam deferral?
Exam deferrals are permitted, though strongly discouraged, as students are more successful on their final exam when course information is still fresh. However, should you require a deferral due to stress, a medical issue, or for personal reasons, please be sure receive official approval from the Education Department for an exam deferral by emailing email@example.com. Approval for an exam deferral must be finalized prior to your scheduled exam date.
- When will my textbook arrive?
In-class students receive their text book on the first day of class. A link to the e-textbook is provided in the registration confirmation email sent by the Education Department. Online students receive their textbook within 5 business days via FEDEX.
- When do I get access to my online program?
Online access is available immediately upon registration. Students can either download their e-textbook from their online course or use the link provided to them in their registration email (welcome email).
- When will my course certificate arrive?
Certificates will arrive by Canada Post 2-3 weeks of receiving pass notification.
- Can I place a hold on my course, or transfer my registration to another person?
No. However, exceptions may be made if requests are submitted to the Education Department by email for review.