Please make sure to read the Course and Cancellation Policies document for each course, as well as the Learners Code of Conduct, before registering:
This course covers all the key topics, skills and knowledge necessary for you to successfully enter the industry as a mortgage associate. See below for the course syllabus:
PART 1: THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY IN PERSPECTIVE
PART 2: MORTGAGE MATHEMATICS
- Module 1 - Overview of the Industry
- Module 2 - Regulatory Framework
- Module 3 - Legal Overview
PART 3: THE MORTGAGE PROCESS FROM A-Z
- Module 4 - Mortgage Mathematics
PART 4: PROTECTING CONSUMERS & INCREASING INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALISM
- Module 5 - Understanding The Mortgage Process
- Module 6 - Completing The Mortgage Application
- Module 7 - Qualifying The Borrower
- Module 8 - Mortgage Products, Related Products, And Submitting The Application
- Module 9 - Appraisals
- Module 10 - The Closing Process
- Module 11 - Protecting Consumers & Increasing Industry Professionalism
This course covers all the key topics, skills and knowledge necessary for you to successfully enter the industry as a mortgage broker. See below for the course syllabus:
MODULE 1: SETTING UP YOUR BROKERAGE
MODULE 2: STAFFING AND SUPERVISING YOUR BROKERAGE
- The Regulatory Environment
- The Role of the Principal Broker
- Brokerage Models
- Dealing with the Regulator
MODULE 3: OPERATING YOUR BROKERAGE
- Recruiting and Hiring Suitable Employees
- Identifying Key Competencies
- Supervising, Managing and Coaching
- Ethical Practice in the Mortgage Industry
MODULE 4: DEALING WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS
- Creating a Culture of Compliance
- Creating and Implementing Policies and Procedures
- Managing and Ensuring Compliance
- Record Keeping and Reporting Requirements
- Trust Fund Obligations and Private Investors
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Information Security
MODULE 5: PROTECTING YOUR CUSTOMERS
- The Duty of Care
- Identifying Parties to Transactions
- Ensuring Suitability
- Complaint Handling
- Advertising Standards
- Fraud Prevention
- Prohibited Activities
Got a question? Try browsing our FAQ below for help. If your question is still not answered, please call us at 416-385-2333 x2610 for further assistance!
- What is the passing grade?
- What happens if I fail?
Rewrites are free for scheduled exams at our MPC facilities. However, a fee of $75 would apply if booking an individual exam outside the GTA, or booking an online exam. You must re-write the exam within 6 months of receiving pass/fail email notification. If you fail a second time, you will need to re-enroll in the course.
- How do I book an exam and where can I write it?
Online learners need to complete their course before an exam date can be booked. Once complete, learners will have access to the BOOK EXAM button on their My Activities page. For full details on examinations and testing sites, please visit our exam info page
- Does the exam cost money?
Online exams cost $75. In-person exams cost $100.
- How can I request a rewrite and how many rewrites do I get?
to schedule a re-write within 6 months of receiving your grade. Only 1 rewrite is permitted. If you fail the rewrite, re-enrollment would be required to continue with your studies.
- When do I get access to my online program?
Online access is available immediately upon registration. Students can either download their e-textbook from their online course or use the link provided to them in their emailed registration receipt.
- Can I place a hold on my course, or transfer my registration to another person?
No. However, exceptions may be made if requests are submitted to the Education Department by email for review.