Please make sure to read the Course and Cancellation Policies, as well as the Learners Code of Conduct prior to registering for the course.
This course covers all the key topics, skills and knowledge necessary for you to successfully enter the industry as a mortgage salesperson. See below for the course syllabus:
PART 1: THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY IN PERSPECTIVE
PART 2: MORTGAGE MATHEMATICS
- Module 1 - Overview of the Industry
- Module 2 - Regulatory Framework
- Module 3 - Legal Overview
PART 3: THE MORTGAGE PROCESS FROM A-Z
- Module 4 - Mortgage Mathematics
PART 4: PROTECTING CONSUMERS & INCREASING INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALISM
- Module 5 - Understanding The Mortgage Process
- Module 6 - Completing The Mortgage Application
- Module 7 - Qualifying The Borrower
- Module 8 - Mortgage Products, Related Products, And Submitting The Application
- Module 9 - Appraisals
- Module 10 - The Closing Process
- Module 11 - Protecting Consumers & Increasing Industry Professionalism
Once you've completed the Manitoba Mortgage Salesperson Course, you will need to apply for your license with MSC. Below is a list of the eligibility requirements for licensing:
- Be suitable for a licence.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be authorized by a mortgage brokerage to deal in mortgages.
- Meet the mortgage salesperson education requirements.
- Register for a license with MSC within 6 months of a successful exam date.
For more detailed information, please visit the Manitoba Securities Commission.
Got a question? Try browsing our FAQ below for help. If your question is still not answered, please call us at 416-385-2333 x2610 for further assistance!
- What is the passing grade?
- What happens if I fail?
Rewrites are free for scheduled exams at our MPC facilities. However, a fee of $75 would apply if booking an individual exam outside the GTA or booking an online exam. You must re-write
the exam within 6 months of receiving pass/fail email notification. If you fail a second time, you will need to re-enrol in the course.
- How do I book an exam and where can I write it?
Online learners need to complete their course before an exam date can be booked. Once complete, learners will have access to the BOOK EXAM button on their My Activities page. For full details on examinations and testing
sites, please visit our exam info page .
- Does the exam cost money?
Online exams cost $75. In-person exams cost $100
- When do I get Access to my online program?
Online access is available immediately upon registration. Students can either download their e-textbook from their online course or use the link provided to them
in their emailed registration receipt.
- Can I place a hold on my course, or transfer my registration to another person?
No. However, exceptions may be made if requests are submitted to the Education Department by email for review.